marauding adj : characterized by plundering or pillaging or marauding; "bands of marauding Indians"; "predatory warfare"; "a raiding party" [syn: predatory, raiding]
- present participle of maraud
- raiding and pillaging
- a marauding band
- In the context of "of an animal": killing in wanton fashion.
- A marauding stoat entered the rabbit warren and killed fifteen bunnies.
- In the context of "of an animal": killing domestic animals.
- The marauding lion jumped the fence and killed the goat.
banditry, brigandage, brigandism, depredation, despoiling, despoilment, despoliation, direption, foraging, foray, freebooting, looting, pillage, pillaging, plunder, plundering, plunderous, predacious, predatory, raid, raiding, ransacking, rape, rapine, ravage, ravagement, ravaging, ravishment, razzia, reiving, rifling, sack, sacking, spoiling, spoliation, spoliatory